Friday, March 27, 2009

BAPE - A Bathing Ape - Nigo

So, let's get started.

BAPE.

www.BAPE.com

Cool stuff for cooler folks... and I am just not that into it... I've been to BAPE stores in N.Y., L.A. and Tokyo... underwhelmed. My issue? There's TOO much, 'Look-at-me, look-at-me' involved.

I am a fan of Nigo - in a way. I love his mind for marketing, the initial exclusivity of the brand, etc. cause I'm a snob like that. I also love that he loves Pop-Culture as much as he does... and he's made his money. I am NOT mad at (nor over(t)ly impressed by) that!

Also, the shoes (the best thing about the actual line) are a bit too much for me, 'Light, Bright and Just Alright'. They're also a big bite off of NIKE... which I don't wear and don't care for or about at all... Sorry.

So there's my first BAPE entry.

BB

No comments:

Post a Comment